APPLICATION UNDER THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT 2005
The Public Information Officer
Subject: Information required under the Right to Information Act 2005
Kindly provide me with the following information requested under the purview of the Right to Information Act, 2005.
Regarding: Relaying roads without scraping off old road causing neighborhoods to sink underground
Particulars of information required: As per list mentioned below
1) When was the last time new road was laid at xxx nagar, xxx, Chennai 64.
2) Was all contractual terms followed by the contractor when the road was laid?
3) How much additional height did the road gain after the new road was laid?
4) Was the road suppose to gain height as per the contractual term or should it have maintained the same height?
5) Whose responsibility is it to ensure the old road is scraped off before laying new roads?
6) When is xxx nagar, xxx (main road and cross streets) scheduled for the next relaying of the road?
7) Who has the authority to ensure and include in contract terms that the old road must be scraped off before laying new road to ensure the neighborhood houses do not submerge under road level causing huge pain during rainy seasons to the common people?
8) Will the next road make the street higher than what it is today? if yes, by how many inches?
9) Does municipality understand that it is a big design mistake they are doing by increasing the road height few inches everytime road is laid?
10) Is there any plan being discussed by the officers and leaders, to maintain road level at the same height during new road implementations?
Period pertaining to information: 2013
Find the application fee for the request attached with this application (Indian Postal Order No. ___________dated __________ is enclosed). If you feel that above requested information does not pertain to your department then please follow the provisions of Section 6(3) of the RTI Act, 2005/Also as per the provisions of the RTI Act, 2005 please provide the details (Name and Designation) of the first appellate authority w.r.t your department with the reply to the above request., where I may if required file my first appeal.
Kindly provide me with the information at the address/email id mentioned with the application. I request you to ensure that the information is provided before the expiry of the 30 day period after you have received the application.
I sincerely thank your department for making efforts to relay roads and attempting to provide comfortable living for our residents. But, height of roads increasing every time is a big concern and will make our neighborhood inhabitable in a few years.